The Information We Collect and StoreWe may collect and store the following information when running the nCrypted Cloud Software and Service:
Information You Provide to nCrypted CloudWhen you register an account, we collect some personal information, such as your name, and email address. You may also ask us to import your contacts by giving us access to your third party services (for example, your email account). When you invite others to join nCrypted Cloud by using our referral page, we send them a one-time email for that referral. You may also provide us with your contacts’ email addresses when sharing folders or files with them. We may also receive Personal Information (for example, your email address) through other users, for example if they have tried to share something with you or tried to refer nCrypted Cloud to you.
Automatically Collected InformationWe automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Log DataWhen you use the Software and Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Software and Service. This may include the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your files, and other interactions with the Software and Service.
Use of Personal InformationIn general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the web site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Web site and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from nCrypted Cloud or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the web site and services;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints;
- to perform after-sales services;
- to anticipate and resolve problems with our service;
- to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development;
- and to inform you of updates to products and services from nCrypted Cloud that better meet your needs;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.